This cocoa body butter recipe is delicious, and it moisturizes your skin better than any store-bought product ever could. It is quick, easy, and inexpensive to make. Making it yourself is also a great way to control what ingredients go into the mix. This body butter recipe uses two of the most popular and well-known natural ingredients, Cocoa butter and Shea Butter. Cocoa butter has been used for centuries for an array of purposes including but not limited to medicine, food, cosmetics, construction materials, and even as currency in countries that use it. The Shea tree has been used by humans since long before recorded history began because its versatile uses have made it one of the most critical trees on Earth today. Say goodbye to expensive lotions with harmful ingredients and buy pure cocoa butter online, that provides all the necessary nourishment! You’ll need to purchase fresh cocoa butter, to make homemade DIY recipes.
Step 1: Make The Cocoa Butter Body Butter: In a large bowl add shea butter and cocoa butter.
Step 2: Add 1 teaspoon of almond oil to your cocoa body butter. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer and whip the body butter ingredients until they become creamy, light, and fluffy. This should take about 5 minutes at most. If you are making just a small amount of cocoa body butter for your personal use, you can whip it all by hand in a large bowl with a spoon. You can also use coconut oil in place of almond oil if preferred.
Step 3: Add remaining ingredients.
Step 4: Mix in your favorite essential oils, or leave them out completely to use the natural cocoa butter-scented body butter for your skin.
Step 5: Whip some more. (optional step)
Step 6: Place the mixture in a jar and put the lid on. Allow the body butter to set up for at least 8 hours, before using it on your skin.
Pour a small amount of cocoa butter into your hand to massage it into your skin. Massage for approximately 1-2 minutes and then rub gently over the desired area of your body (the bikini area, elbows, and knees are good places).
While store-bought cocoa butter is most likely processed and does not have a lot of the therapeutic properties that natural cocoa butter has, making your body butter at home gives you complete control over the ingredients that go into it. This allows you to make sure that your skincare products are free of GMOs, artificial colors, or flavors. You may also want to use a natural color to give your cocoa butter body butter its favorite color. This can be accomplished with the use of Cocoa powder or beet powder for a red-tinted body butter or Turmeric for yellow-colored cocoa body butter. You can also leave this step out altogether by using plain white colored body butter. Another variation would be adding olive oil to the recipe. To add, order organic extra virgin olive oil, beeswax, or honey to your recipe if you are particular about the properties that they have on your skin.
1) You can use either coconut oil or almond oil to make your homemade body butter.
2) You don’t have to worry about synthetic ingredients such as parabens, mineral oils, and artificial fragrances.
3) Cocoa butter is a natural moisturizer for your skin that strengthens the skin probably by keeping it supple. It also has antioxidants that fight free radicals on the skin that may damage healthy cells and cause premature aging.
4) Cocoa butter moisturizes your skin and it is an excellent treatment that is used to repair dry chapped skin and rough patches.
5) Cocoa butter can hydrate your skin and many people choose it as an ingredient for their body butter.
6) Cocoa butter can be used as a remedy for stretch marks, cellulite, dry skin, eczema, psoriasis, and even acne.